Education and awareness
The Kim Foundation and numerous community partners have gathered useful education and resources to provide hope, help and tools to save lives from suicide. Please share these tools with your colleagues, students, clients, family, supporters and friends.
Get help nowCALL OR TEXT 988
Downloadable resources to spread awareness
More Tomorrows assets
Share the More Tomorrows campaign with posters, crisis resource wallet cards, magnets and more.
988 is the dialing code to connect people to the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, which provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24/7. The Lifeline’s partner toolkit includes fact sheets, social media posts and more.
Language and reporting
Each of us can help save lives from suicide. Whether it’s responsible reporting on mental health or suicide deaths or updating our everyday language, we can all contribute to suicide prevention.
Click the buttons below to download PDF files with best practices for talking about mental health and suicide. Thank you for taking the time to ensure your language is inclusive.
Reporting on social media
There may come a time when you encounter an individual who is expressing thoughts of suicide on social media. You can help by posting a message encouraging them to call the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
You can also help by contacting the safety teams on the various social media sites.
- On Facebook, you can anonymously report someone as suicidal by going to Report Suicidal Content. Facebook’s safety team will send the individual an email with the Lifeline number. You can also use Facebook to support someone in a suicidal crisis. Watch the support video.
- On X, formerly known as Twitter, go to the Help Center and select “Self-Harm” to send an email reporting an individual who is suicidal. X will send a direct message to the individual with the Lifeline number.
- On Instagram, go to the Help Center and report the individual who shared the suicidal content.
- On YouTube, you can click on the flag icon under a video and select “Harmful Dangerous Acts” and then “Suicide or Self-Injury.” YouTube will review the video and may send a message with the Lifeline number.
- On Tumblr, go to the help page and write an email to Tumblr about an individual who is suicidal. Include as much information as possible, including the URL of the Tumblr blog. Tumblr’s safety team will send the individual an email with the Lifeline number.
2022-2025 Nebraska Statewide Suicide Prevention Plan
Suicide remains a significant public health problem in Nebraska. This comprehensive document serves as a roadmap for Nebraska in all aspects of suicide prevention through 2025.
Everyone can take part in saving lives from suicide, and by utilizing this plan, we hope that all Nebraskans will have the right tools to do so.
Request a presentation
The Kim Foundation’s presentations, called “A Voice for Hope & Healing,” are available at no charge to any schools, entities, organizations, churches, service clubs or offices. We cover a variety of topics aligned with our mission to serve as a supportive resource and compassionate voice for lives touched by mental illness and suicide. Presentations can be tailored more specifically to the group’s size, age and specific needs.